You will need to analyse 3-5 music videos in terms of audience, the majority of these music videos should be for the genre/audience of your music video.
You will need to think about:
- Who the audience is?
- Interests (outside of music)
- How is the video attempting to appeal to the audience?
- How will you attempt to appeal to your audience with your video?
As a group you will need to analyse 3-5 music videos in your chosen genre.
- What conventions do they use?
- Are there any conventions you would expect to see missing from the music video?
- Is the video a hybrid of any other genre?
- How do you plan to incorporate these conventions in your own music video?
Remember to look at colour scheme, editing, props, costume and how the artist/band is being represented in the video. Make this a detailed analysis for better marks.
A prezi to help with this is below:
The case study below will help you with the research and planning section of your coursework, as well as give you lots of inspiration for your own music video.