Divide the 4 questions below up between your group. Don’t forget to use a variety of ICT in the presentation to achieve a Level 4.
1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
- Your media product is your video, digipak and advert.
- You need to evaluate how each one uses, develops and challenges conventions (ingredients) of actual videos, digipaks and adverts.
- Therefore, if your genre is R’n’B say how your product is the same/different to actual R’n’B videos, digipaks, adverts.
Here is an example of a level 4 response for this question.
2. How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?
- Main product is your VIDEO
- Ancillary texts are your DIGIPAK and ADVERT
- You need to show how the themes in your video link to your digipak and then your advert.
- Look out for actors, themes, motifs, fonts and colours.
- How is a clear sense of BRAND IDENTITY being created?
- Don’t forget to say if there is anything you think you could change to make the brand identity clearer!
3. What have you learned from your audience feedback?
- You need to collect as much audience feedback as possible for all three product (video, digipak and advert).
- Use a video camera, go and interview people giving their opinions.
- Use the feedback we do in class.
- Use Facebook/Twitter to encourage audience feedback.
- Analyse what people say about your video, digipak and advert.
- Comment on their comments: say what you might change as a result of feedback.
- Break this up into 3 sections: Construction, R&P and Evaluation.
- Make a list of all media technologies you used.
- For example in R&P: internet, YouTube, SchoolTube, SurveyMonkey, Prezi, cameras and Final Cut Express.
- For example in Construction: video/still camera, Final Cut Express, iPhone and Timelapse App.
- For example in Evaluation: Final Cut Express, SchoolTube and video cameras.
- Directors’ commentary (use Final Cut, record voiceover of you commentary, use visuals of your video, digipak and advert as you present your answer).
- Video presentation (use the board in A4/5, video yourself doing a presentation.
- Video presentations of audience feedback (stay away from pie charts and bar charts).
- Prezi (although not too much).
- Images, links, upload lots of REAL music videos.